I’m Chip Huyen, a writer and computer scientist based in Silicon Valley and Vietnam.
I graduated with BS and MS in Computer Science from Stanford University, where I created and taught the course TensorFlow for Deep Learning Research. My work focuses on the intersection between Natural Language Processing and Deep Learning.
I’m the author of three bestselling Vietnamese books. I’m looking for literary agents/publishers for the two English books I’m working on: one about my experience in Silicon Valley, one about the modern Vietnamese mindset.
The projects I’ve worked on include:
- Netflix: I work on a research project to explore different approaches to machine translation.
- Primer.ai: a startup providing AI solutions for Fortune 50 companies. Led by Sean Gourley.
- Baomoi.com: acquired by VNG.
- Coc Coc Browser: Vietnam’s second most popular browser with 20+ million monthly active users.
- Free Hugs Vietnam: a nonprofit organization that provides soft skills for Vietnamese youths.
If you have any question or want to discuss possible collaboration, feel free to reach me via email, listed in the footnote. I’m always open to meeting interesting people.