I’m Chip Huyen, a writer and computer scientist from Vietnam and based in Silicon Valley.
I graduated with BS and MS in Computer Science from Stanford University, where I created and taught the course TensorFlow for Deep Learning Research.
I’m currently with the Artificial Intelligence Applications team at NVIDIA. We’re building new tools to make it easier for companies to bring the latest Deep Learning research into production. We’re hiring!
When not doing matrix multiplication, I write, travel, and imagine myself exercise. After high school, I went to Brunei for a 3-day vacation which turned into a 3-year trip through Asia, Africa, and South America. I’m also the author of four bestselling Vietnamese books. I’m working on an English book about the modern Vietnamese mindset.
Some of my current projects:
- SOTAWHAT: a script to query and summarize state-of-the-art AI research results.
- lazyNLP: a library to scrape and clean web pages to create massive datasets.
- StanfordIRL: a chronicle of the amazing things people do after Stanford.
- VietAI: a nonprofit working to educate future AI talent about AI for social good.
- Free Hugs Vietnam: a nonprofit that provides soft skills for Vietnamese youths.
If you have any question or want to discuss possible collaboration, feel free to shoot me an email. I’m always open to meeting interesting people.