I’m Chip Huyen, a writer and computer scientist. I grew up chasing grasshoppers in a small rice-farming village in Vietnam.
I’m currently with Snorkel AI, a data-first end-to-end platform for developing AI applications.
In my free time, I travel and write. After high school, I went to Brunei for a 3-day vacation which turned into a 3-year trip through Asia, Africa, and South America. During my trip, I worked as a Bollywood extra, a casino hostess, and a street performer.
Most of my technical work is on GitHub. Some of my other projects:
- Books: I’ve published four best-selling Vietnamese books
- VietAI: a nonprofit working to educate future AI talent about AI for social good
- Free Hugs Vietnam: a nonprofit that provides soft skills for Vietnamese youths
- VnExpress’ Góc Nhìn: I occasionally contribute opinions on tech and culture
- StanfordIRL: chronicle of the amazing things people do after Stanford
- Trying to make these 11 cute but kinda rude alpacas love me
I’m best reached via email. I’m always open to interesting conversations and collaboration.